[Linux-aus] URGENT INFORMATION FROM KENYA

Jessica Mayo jmayo at giddy.sidetracked.com
Fri Mar 14 12:10:01 UTC 2003

On Fri, 14 Mar 2003, Bret Busby wrote:
> In the case of a previous spam, the organisation is directly responsible
> for distributing offensive material via the internet, which, I believe,
> is a federal offence under the telecommunications act.

Excuse me, but I AM finding your continuing solitary loud assertions on
this issue offensive. Is that the resposibility of the original poster, or
the automated systems in the middle, to which I have submitted my details?

> Why doesn't the committee take proper action to stop the spam, including
> closing the list to non-subscribers?

Reasons for leaving the list open to non-subscribers have already been
explained, and I wholly support those reasons and the decision of the
administrator.

There is a guaranteed way to stop recieving unwanted messages, and that is
to remove your name from mailing lists. I am fast approaching this point.
Please don't spoil my involvement in Linux Australia. The list admin is
doing what they can to keep the noise down but we're not helping.

-- Jess.
(uncharacteristically frustrated)