[Linux-aus] URGENT INFORMATION FROM KENYA

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Fri Mar 14 11:36:02 UTC 2003

On Fri, 14 Mar 2003, Stephen Rothwell wrote:

> Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 10:20:02 +1100
> From: Stephen Rothwell <sfr at canb.auug.org.au>
> To: Bret Busby <bret at busby.net>
> Cc: linux-aus at lists.linux.org.au
> Subject: Re: [Linux-aus] URGENT INFORMATION FROM KENYA
>
> Brett,
>
> On Thu, 13 Mar 2003 22:58:18 +0800 (WST) Bret Busby <bret at busby.net> wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, 13 Mar 2003, NATIONAL BANK OF KENYA wrote:
> >

> cut ...
>
> > Surprise, surprise...
> >
> > Still, it appears to be par for the list...
>
> Last time I replied privately, this time not.
>
> WILL YOU PLEASE STOP REPOSTING SPAM TO THIS LIST!!!

Because spamming appears to be the intent of the organisation, so I was
merely assisting the organisation in the promotion of its objectives.

The list keeps resending spam.

It can be stopped, quite simply, by closing the list to all but
subscribers, but, the list stays open, and the spam keeps being
distributed by the list.

In the case of a previous spam, the organisation is directly responsible
for distributing offensive material via the internet, which, I believe,
is a federal offence under the telecommunications act.

The list is responsible for spamming; the organisation is a deliberate
spammer.

Why does the committee just sit back and spam?

Why doesn't the committee take proper action to stop the spam, including
closing the list to non-subscribers?

Because it appears that the organisation has a policy of spamming.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale

 you'll know what the answer means."