[Linux-aus] Is this now a spam list?

Tony Nugent tony at linuxworks.com.au
Sun Mar 9 19:48:02 UTC 2003

On Sun Mar 09 2003 at 19:29, Bret Busby wrote:

> On Sun, 9 Mar 2003, dvd-dvd wrote:

 [ spam deleted ]

> I thought there was enough locally produced spam. Does Linux Australia
> need to import foreign spam?
>
> Is this list now devoted to spam?
>
> Spam, spam, spam, spam... spam, spam, spam, spam....

Indeed, it is irritating and it shouldn't happen.

I've pleaded with Anand to close the list to subscribers only, but
for his own (probably admirable) reasons, he wanted to keep it open.

imho the only sure-fire way to stop this stuff dead in its tracks is
to close it.  imho.

(If any non-subscribers do happen post to it - which I suspect would
be a relatively rare event - then it goes to the moderator who can
either ignore, allow or deny it.  And perhaps ask that person to
please subscribe if they wish to participate).

<shrug>

> Bret Busby

Cheers
Tony