[Linux-aus] Re: LUG/SIG contacts (was: "SCO case: Australian LUGs")

David Lloyd dlloyd at microbits.com.au
Tue Jun 24 11:53:02 UTC 2003

Leon,

> Would it be more appropriate to treat LA (Linux Australia) as the
> rendezvous point, the single contact, and rely on them to gather
> opinion from the LUGs when asked? For example, LA's current treasurer
> is on countless LUG lists, and would probably know who to ask what and

Yes.

Anyone is going to find it easier to remember just one single
"press at linux.org.au" rather than six trillion separate
e-mails...speaking only for myself I think the coordination of the
various, rather amorphous, sometimes tetchy LUGs is an excellent way for
L.A. to spend its time.

Seriously, journalists don't want to have to join a mailing list just to
ask our opinions. They probably don't have the time (unless they're
called Kim Shelt ;-P)...

DSL

--
Check out: