[Linux-aus] How to build a tunnel from PuTTY

Stewart Smith stewartsmith at mac.com
Thu Jun 19 19:05:02 UTC 2003

This looks pretty good. The first diagram has fonts which are a little
hard to read, but on the whole a good tute.

I'll (hopefully) be trying to see if I can somehow get VPN
functionality over this. I'm thinking about tunneling PPTP over ssh.
That way, we get encryption that we *know* works (PPTP encryption has
proved constantly problematic) and a protocol that we *know* windows
understands. Also, the configuration should be slightly more sane than
IPSec....

That is, unless someone has been able to get pure ppp over ssh going
with windows clients....