[Linux-aus] SCO & it's 10-Q form.
chris at csamuel.org
Tue Jun 17 09:00:02 UTC 2003
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
LWN have an article on their website about the fact that SCO have filed their
10-Q form to the US SEC. I've not read it (not being a paid subscriber yet)
but I went and read the 10-Q form and pulled out some interesting titbits
that came to my attention from it.
I've written an article on my website about it at:
(I wish PostNuke would sort out their short link idea!)
Here's a couple of quick points..
- - SCO believes that the legal action may damage their business in the long
- - Apart from MS there has been only one other (unnamed) SCOSource licensee.
- - These two licensees contributed over $8 million to SCO's revenue.
- - The unnamed SCOSource licensee has also been offered up to 210,000 shares of
SCO at $1.83 a share. SCO is currently trading around $10!
- - MS has been offered the option to extend its license at a future date.
- - SCO describes the SCOSource UNIX license as "perpetual".
Anyway, have a read, and feel free to quote me or link to the article if you
Chris Samuel : http://csamuel.org/ : Melbourne, VIC
Need someone with 10 years of Linux, Unix, Networking
& IT Security skills in Melbourne, VIC ? Email me.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.0.7 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
More information about the linux-aus