[Linux-aus] Re: Scam Of The Day: PayPal "inactive customers"

Leon Brooks leon at cyberknights.com.au
Sun Jun 8 13:52:01 UTC 2003

On Sun, 8 Jun 2003 12:18, Cameron Simpson wrote:
> On 08:41 08 Jun 2003, Leon Brooks <leon at cyberknights.com.au> wrote:
>| The form does *NOT* get submitted to PayPal. Go and shut down your
>| PayPal account immediately (or at least change the password)
>| directly on the PayPal website at http://www.paypal.com/ if you
>| fell for it and submitted your information.

> And the subverting page (http://www.pos2life.biz/vp.php) has been
> yanked. Good.

My first subverting page was a subdomain of post5.com, which returned a
blank page, and I've just been handed another pointing to
www.pos2life.biz/vp.php - I'm guessing they spent some time setting up
a whole flock of them based on the observation that some stolen data is
more useful than none.

Cheers; Leon

http://plug.linux.org.au/       Committee Member, Perth Linux User Group
http://slpwa.asn.au/            Committee Member, Linux Professionals WA