[Linux-aus] Extent of sco's complaint.

Jon maddog Hall maddog at li.org
Sat Jun 7 12:09:01 UTC 2003

>Copyrighted code is copyrighted code.

Absolutely.

>AT&T didn't allow use of those files; they still required them to be fixed

Absolutely again, and I did not mean to imply that they did not.

However, there is a difference between having the disputed code in "only"
three (or even six) files, and having it distributed throughout the system
in hundreds of files....that is the point I was trying to make.

> Heh.  A couple of days ago Warren Toomey discovered that the original
> System V sources have more UCB copyright notices than AT&T and Bell
> Labs copyright notices :-)

Not surprising at all.

md
--
Jon "maddog" Hall
Executive Director           Linux(R) International

Board Member: Uniforum Association, USENIX Association

(R)Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in several countries.