[Linux-aus] SCO Licencing...

Leon Brooks leon at cyberknights.com.au
Mon Jul 28 09:16:02 UTC 2003

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 07:43, Jason Ball wrote:
> Our position - if it looks like Sco will win I will move the business
> to a new platform rather than reward SCO for this behaviour.  This
> leaves us open to prior use issues but avoids the need to licence a
> product we neither want, need, or will use.

Bad move. If justice is raped and her body dumped in an alley by The SCO
Group, BSD will be next on their list - including Apple. That will
leave you a basic choice of Sun or Microsoft (I haven't investigated
Tron yet, but that might be a winner), and you can bet Sun's prices
wouldn't stay still in those circumstances. Better to stand and fight
vigorously while you still hold the higher ground.

Cheers; Leon

http://plug.linux.org.au/       Committee Member, Perth Linux User Group
http://slpwa.asn.au/            Committee Member, Linux Professionals WA
http://linux.org.au/            Committee Member, Linux Australia