[Linux-aus] SCO Licencing...

Jason Ball jason.ball at ce.com.au
Mon Jul 28 07:45:02 UTC 2003

I'm curious,

We have commercially and in good faith paid Redhat for their advanced server
product (25 of then to be precise).  How would people interpret the
liability on that basis if SCO were to win their case (a big IF).  My
thought is that as we have bought the product in good faith, Redhat are
liable for the implications of this action.

Our position - if it looks like Sco will win I will move the business to a
new platform rather than reward SCO for this behaviour.  This leaves us open
to prior use issues but avoids the need to licence a product we neither
want, need, or will use.

Cheers
Jason.