[Linux-aus] Sam did better with this one

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Tue Jul 8 08:44:01 UTC 2003

<quote who="Con Zymaris">

> That he seems to have whims and dislikes is not in debate however. C'est
> la vie.

Professionalism is up for debate.

> The issue I guess is that most IT journos will not seek out a response
> from the LUGs, from the Zope, Perl and BSD and sundry other groups.

Sam wasn't interested in the reality; he was interested in fulfilling his
perspective of the situation (as he's done in other articles). He dealt with
the fallout well enough, in this case.

> Perhaps, but it's not going to help. It's better to polish strategies
> which work within the context and foibles of the journos, rather than just
> berate them.

Suggested strategy: Avoidance. Use better journos.

- Jeff

     "Just because I sit in front of a terminal all day doesn't mean I
      couldn't hunt you down and righteously kick your ass to feed my
          newfound cannabalism." - Darwinian System Administration