[Linux-aus] We have _definitely_ been undercharging for our conferences!

Con Zymaris conz at cyber.com.au
Tue Jul 1 09:13:03 UTC 2003

On Mon, Jun 30, 2003 at 07:19:55PM +0800, Leon Brooks wrote:
> Two days: $2826+GST (=$3108); Academics $1764; ACS/AUUG/IIM discounted
> rate $2543; documentation _only_ $599. And polite but pushy
> telemarketing.
>
> One of the speakers is Kevin McIsaac of Meta Group infame, but there are
> some good ones too. Note that Kate Lundy is on the list _as_a_speaker_.

This event and LCA are chalk/cheese. Are you executive management or a
technical practitioner?

The Marcus Evans gig is the conceptual equivalent of a suited,
hand-painted Italian silk tie wearer driving a Lexus. LCA is for the local
grease-monkeys with specially modded Ford Escorts.

In reality, both events are needed, with minimal but present overlap.

con