[Linux-aus] SQL

Peter Nixon peter at peternixon.net
Tue Jan 14 07:45:03 UTC 2003

Hmm. You are right to some extent. I migrated from Mysql to Postgres a couple
of months ago  and it was slightly confusing as I had learnt the Mysql "way".
However I will never again use mysql for a project now that I have discovered
postgres, and gui apps like pgaccess are brilliant if you don't want to dive
into the command line. (I use the command line mostly myself, but sometimes
find it usefull. Expecially for editing user functions and views).

If you don't know any sql then you may as well start with Postgres as mysql,
and postgres has a couple of reasonable tutorials with it..

Regards

Peter Nixon
Istanbul
Turkey