[Linux-aus] SMH and The Age :)

Tony Nugent tony at linuxworks.com.au
Tue Feb 25 19:52:01 UTC 2003

On Mon Feb 24 2003 at 21:35, Kimberly Shelt wrote:

> Online:
> http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/02/25/1046064022156.html
> http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2003/02/25/1046064022156.html
>
> Both PLUG and Linux Aust get links, you can thank me by
> writing some nice articles for the future editions.

Well done!  Plug the penguin, yah!  May linmagau flourish! :)

What interested me almost as much were links on those pages to these
stories:

Microsoft softens stance
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/02/24/1046063956552.html
  ("Microsoft and Linux evangelists called a truce in the
  open-source war last week for a seminar examining the use of open
  source by government agencies.")

Microsoft tool to help plug information leaks
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/02/24/1045935321595.html
  ("Microsoft Corp is planning to release technology that can be
  used to control access to content.  A media release said beta code
  for Windows Rights Management Services (RMS), a new technology for
  Windows Server 2003, would be 'broadly available in the second
  quarter of 2003.'")

Publish at your peril
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/02/24/1045935329522.html
  (about litigation against web content, ref. recent Aust case)

> Kim

Cheers
Tony