[Linux-aus] Last chance to critique...

Leon Brooks leon at cyberknights.com.au
Mon Feb 10 13:40:01 UTC 2003

On Monday 10 February 2003 01:00 pm, Con Zymaris wrote:
> 1) How can users (or a trusted 3rd party) confirm that the source code
> shown is legitimate and matches the code found on the final binaries
> shipped?  Only by compiling (building) this source code and comparing to
> the shipped binaries, can we verify this.

Already in there.

> 2) With Open Source Software, respected independent security experts are
> able to vet and analyse the source code from a security perspective. How
> are these individuals able to do so for Shared Source?

Added, with credit. Thank you!

> Also of interest to readers of this forum, but which has not been
> published as yet (embargoed for another week or so...)

Er, Google can see this list's archives. Obfuscation might have been wise. (-:

> A Comparison of the GPL and the Microsoft EULA

>  http://www.cyber.com.au/cyber/about/comparing_the_gpl_to_eula.pdf

Currently not responding, dunno why, will comment when I can get to it.

Cheers; Leon

http://slpwa.asn.au/            Committee Member, Linux Professionals WA
http://linux.org.au/            Committee Member, Linux Australia
http://linux.org.au/~leonb/lca2003/  THE Oz Linux Technical Conf: