[Linux-aus] Thanks for the fish!

Stephen Moore stephen at skmoore.com
Wed Feb 5 17:53:02 UTC 2003

I'm from Bundaberg, QLD and went to the conference in Perth and I just
wanted to say thanks to the organisers (and speakers). I would like to
particulary thank them for making the conference affordable to the
hobbiest/ student part of the linux community.

I took a couple of linux users with me to the conference with me and
frankly, they were over-helmed by a lot (all) of the sessions, so I
would like you guys (the organisers) to consider a few lower teck
sessions next conference :-)

I should mention that despite no knowing what the hell everyone was
talking about, they did enjoy the show!! It just could have been not
quite so full-on.

While I would not like to see LinuxWorld Adelaide, a few intro tutes
would be excellent. Not everyone who is interested in linux, and in fact
a 8 hour a day 5 day a week user realy gives a hoot about the kernel.

Cheers

P.S. These conferences make a great little tax deduction, what's the
chances of going to Auckland / Christchurch one year, while I realise
they may not technically be part of Australia, there somewhere I
wouldn't mind visiting for a week.