[Linux-aus] List header

Anand Kumria akumria at linux.org.au
Tue Feb 4 15:41:19 UTC 2003

On Tue, Feb 04, 2003 at 02:44:46PM +0800, Bret Busby wrote:

> > Oh, and thanks for implementing the Reply To. It makes communication a
> > bit easier.
> >

> I have received messages with the above Reply To address, which is good
> for communication on the list, and, then, after receiving them, have
> received messages from the list, without the Reply To address.
>
> Is this just because the mailing list software is shuffling the messages
> before distributing them (they seem to be out of sequence)?

I'm a firm believer that mailing lists should do as little as possible
to modify the original message sent. This mailing lists doesn't add

I add in Reply-To: on messages I send myself, as that is where I prefer
necessary, overridden without too many contortions (unlike
Mail-Followup-To:).

Anand

--
 `` We are shaped by our thoughts, we become what we think.
 When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never