[Linux-aus] And now for something completely different

Les Bell lesbell at lesbell.com.au
Tue Feb 4 14:44:20 UTC 2003

David Lloyd <lloy0076 at adam.com.au> wrote:

It struck me that seeing that lots of people are travelling to Adelaide
in 2004 for the conference, Canberra in 2005 and wherever else
afterwards, that holding a RHCE/SAIR/LPI/Other Training Certification
close to the date of the conference could be useful...
<<

I've been following the discussion but keeping quiet up till now, not
having much of substance to contribute (other than to thank Leon Brooks and
Terry Dawson for their thoughtful posts this morning, which I'll now take
this opportunity to do).

I'm the author of several Linux user and admin courses, instructor for IBM
Learning Services Linux courses, Caldera Master Instructor, RHCE and
contributor to LPI, so this is something I'd be very keen to support. If
Linux Australia wants this to happen, I'll happily put my shoulder to the
wheel. I can certainly raise it with IBM (no guarantees there, though - I'm
a contractor with little organisational clout), but if all else fails, I'll
volunteer my own time and materials. And I'll see what I can do about
setting up some free certification testing, as well.

Bret. w.r.t. RHCT not being available in W.A., I'd be surprised. The RHCT
exam is run at the same time, in the same room, as RHCE - it's essentially
a subset of the tasks to be completed in the RHCE exam, so I should have
thought that if RHCE was available, RHCT should be, too. Have you checked
with Red Hat directly?

Best,

--- Les Bell
[http://www.lesbell.com.au]