[Linux-aus] Re: [LACTTE] linux.conf.au on slashdot (and LT)

Leon Brooks leon at cyberknights.com.au
Tue Feb 4 09:34:01 UTC 2003

On Tuesday 04 February 2003 09:09 am, Stewart Smith wrote:
> Just letting anybody know who doesn't read slashdot, we've finally got
> some press on there (after the conference, but still) - a brief round
> up and a bunch of links.

> http://slashdot.org/articles/03/02/03/1220242.shtml?tid=106

Lost a closing </a> in there somewhere.

And a link from the SEUL-Edu newsletter, as reported by LinuxToday:

    http://linuxtoday.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=2003-02-02-001-26-NW-CY-PB

This is also worth reading, although not LCA-related:

    http://www.wired.com/news/infostructure/0,1377,57503,00.html

    The Bulls and the Bears may soon be standing on the unemployment line.
    Tux the penguin, Linux's beloved mascot, is rapidly becoming the
    financial services industry's totem animal of choice. In fact, it
    seems that the only steadily rising statistic on Wall Street these
    days is the number of companies moving to open-source systems.

Cheers; Leon

http://slpwa.asn.au/            Committee Member, Linux Professionals WA
http://linux.org.au/            Committee Member, Linux Australia
http://linux.org.au/~leonb/lca2003/  THE Oz Linux Technical Conf: