[Linux-aus] Linux Australia AGM Held

Anand Kumria wildfire at progsoc.uts.edu.au
Mon Feb 3 21:41:01 UTC 2003

On Mon, Feb 03, 2003 at 09:20:33PM +0800, Leon Brooks wrote:
> On Monday 03 February 2003 05:53 pm, Bret Busby wrote:
> > The suggestions were met with hostile objection by, amongst others,
> > Anand Kumria, who showed that he speaks for the organisation. His
> > actions showed that the organisation, under his control, was, and will
> > be, a sinister and malicious organisation that will go to dishonourable
> > lengths, to protect the self-interest of the committee members, and that
> > the committee shall not be representative of Linux users, and others
> > associated with Linux, in Australia, but instead that the committe will
> > thumb its nose at these people.
>
> Are you sure you're wearing your tinfoil hat right? Properly grounded and all?
> Pardon my incredulous response, but you're discussing a bloke who has helped
> LA raise an enormous amount of money, stood in when others couldn't be
> bothered, opened out the membership from 5 to roughly 400, and who _gave_up_
> the office of President. That's one _weird_ definition of `sinister and
> malicious'.

Leon,

While I appreciate the sentiment - LA is in the enviable financial
position it is only because of PLUG, HUMBUG, SLUG and LUV have done
amazing work organising conferences.

Also, I didn't give up the office of President. I contested it against Pia
and she was elected in the most democratic means that we could arrange.

There are some obvious flaws to the process but hopefully these things
can be corrected well in time for the next AGM.

regards,
Anand

--
 `` We are shaped by our thoughts, we become what we think.
 When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never