[Linux-aus] Representation

michaeld at senet.com.au michaeld at senet.com.au
Mon Feb 3 07:19:04 UTC 2003

Hi all,

Firstly, let's move on from the hostility shown on this list, ok?  It really
doesn't help anyone, and Linux Australia won't become an important entity
unless we pull together. 'nuff said.

Secondly, I'd like to explore alternate representation ideas for the Linux
Australia committee.  Talking to people after the AGM it was clear that a
significant number of people would have liked to see a representative from each
Australian state - irrespective of this not being a requirement or goal in the
current constitution.

I think that having representatives from every state will make the job of
running Linux Australia _harder_, not easier.  However if people think they are
well represented, it will help us pull together as an organisation, and on that
basis alone I think it's worth serious consideration.

Having said all that though, I believe the new president and committee will do
an excellent job - they have my full-support.  Go Linux Australia!

And to start with, to show our unity, everyone now has to commit to coming to
Adelaide next January for linux.conf.au 2004 :)
--
Michael Davies           Linux.Conf.Au Adelaide Jan 2004
michaeld at senet.com.au    Australia's Premier Linux Conference