[Linux-aus] Proposals for the committee to discuss

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Mon Feb 3 06:16:01 UTC 2003

Hi everyone,

I'm sending this to linux-aus, assuming that the committee is subscribed, or
at least has access to the list. I haven't Cc'ed them directly as it's most
likely unnecessary.

The purpose of this email is to get away from the negativity and personal
jibes that we saw last night. They're not the way to get LA back in action -
I wish I could send everyone off to read the very early mailing list
archives to learn why this kind of discussion is such a waste of time. Due
to those experiences, LA has been irrelevant for years. Let's not fuck it up
again.

Here's two proposals, hopefully addressing the issue of geographical
representation, that I would like to see the committee discuss at their next
meeting:

  1) That the consitution be changed to require election of one committee
  member from every state and territory.

  2) That an official sub-committee be formed to represent either the states
  and territories, or the LUGs, as an 'advisory board' to the LA committee.

I'll voice my opinions on these in a separate mail.

Thanks,

- Jeff

--
   "And that's what it sounds like if you *download* it!" - John Linnell,
                            They Might Be Giants