[Linux-aus] Linux Australia AGM Held

Anand Kumria wildfire at progsoc.uts.edu.au
Sun Feb 2 21:47:02 UTC 2003

On Sun, Feb 02, 2003 at 07:53:23PM +0800, Bret Busby wrote:

> It is good to see a person volunteer, so that that state could have
> committee representation.

Whether or not a state has representation is irrelevant. No committee
member has ever been from Brisbane, yet that didn't stop them from
deciding upon it for a conference.

No committee member has ever been from Perth -- until now -- yet that
didn't stop them from deciding on Perth. None are from Adelaide; the next
conference is in Adelaide.

That kind of historical evidence doesn't seem enough though to allay
your concerns.

> I hope that the committee notes that. Whilst the current committee
> exists already, there should be a provision for another committee
> member, to allow for this.
>
> More from the other states (and the NT), would be good.

I fail to see why. You are yet to make a reasonable case for it.

> WA has a committee member.

What a shame that you've already turned Linux Australia, mentally at
least, in a representative association. All members ought to feel that
any person they approach can see to their concerns.

But fundamentally you seemed to have missed that point that Linux
Australia has no power over any regional area. It doesn't represent any
regional area.

Linux Australia exists to promote Linux within Australia.

It doesn't exist to promote Linux within NSW throughout the rest of
Australia, or for that matter any other state.

Anand, speaking for myself.

--
 `` We are shaped by our thoughts, we become what we think.
 When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never