[Linux-aus] Linux Australia AGM Held

David Lloyd lloy0076 at adam.com.au
Sun Feb 2 21:13:01 UTC 2003

Jeff,

> A very simple answer to your problem: The Linux Australia committee
> members do not represent their states as their number one priority,
> they represent - as best they can - the Linux community in Australia.

I think the main problem has really been a case of not really knowing
who or what is Linux Australia.

I've been involved in LinuxSA for about 4 years now and noone's ever
spoken to the LinuxSA mailing list [which is our main method of
communication] or visited one of our meetings while I've been there.

> perhaps you'd like to put some of this energy into making sure that a
> representative sub-committee would adequately represent the needs of
> Linux communities in each state (if that metric is deemed important).

I'm not certain that metric is terribly important--let's face it the
main thing that Linux Australia seems to have been doing is supporting
the Linux Conference and that's shifted around each year.

Let's get the dust settled, let Pia and the team reinvigorate the
organisation and move on.

DSL