[Linux-aus] Linux Australia AGM Held

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Sun Feb 2 19:39:01 UTC 2003

<quote who="Bret Busby">

> The opposition is amazing, to such a simple and reasonable suggestion.

That's because it places a hard requirement on the committee, which may
limit the election of the best people for the job. As simple and reasonable
as it sounds, it is also a wildly ineffective solution to the two problems
presented: a) having a very active and butt-kicking Linux Australia ctte,
and b) adequately representing the needs of people around the country.

That is why there has been a lot of discussion about a representative
sub-committee. I'm far more interested in having the absolute best people
leading LA [1], with a group of people selected from around the country to
offer their input and ideas when required. It's the best of both worlds,
without abstract inefficiencies.

Thanks,

- Jeff

[1] ... and this year, we *do* have the best!

--
    "Not only that, but Google is fast. In fact, it's quite competitive
                          with DNS." - Raph Levien