[Linux-aus] [Fwd: MySQL User Conference 2004 Call for Papers]

Arjen Lentz arjen at mysql.com
Fri Dec 12 07:36:01 UTC 2003

-----Forwarded Message-----
From: Zak Greant <zak at mysql.com>

MySQL AB is please to announce that the Call for Papers for the 2004
MySQL User Conference is now officially open.

We encourage every MySQL user with something to say - from grey-bearded
hackers and peach-fuzzed power users to corporate code wranglers and
veteran DBAs - to drop by http://mysql.com/events/uc2004/speakers.html
and write up your proposals for great sessions.

We are looking for sessions that speak to your peers: practical,
pragmatic and clueful presentations that focus on how you solved
problems in a demanding or unique technical environment.

Session that introduce a particular feature set or provide hands-on
training to introduce newer developers to cutting edge functionality
are also welcome (as is any cool or unique presentation).

You can give sessions that range in length from 5 minute lighting talks
up to 90 minute power tutorials. We also have set aside slots for 30
minute technical briefs and standard hour long sessions.

Additionally we are looking for solid ideas from the community for
Bird-of-a-Feather (BoF) sessions. These sessions give conference
attendees a chance to meet and discuss topics of common interest with
their peers. Visit http://mysql.com/events/uc2004/speakers.html to
suggest ideas for the BoFs that you would like to participate in.

The call for papers closes on January 14th. The conference will take
place on April 14th to 16th in Orlando, Florida, USA.

The call for BoFs and lightning talks closes on February 14th.

For additional inspiration, check out last year's schedule:
http://mysql.com/events/uc2003/schedule.html

If you want to briefly discuss your ideas, fill out the appropriate
form at http://mysql.com/events/uc2004/speakers.html and make a note in
your comment. I will write you back in a day or so with some extra
input.

Good Luck! See you in Orlando!
--
Zak Greant
MySQL AB Community Advocate

--
Arjen Lentz, Technical Writer, Trainer
Brisbane, QLD Australia

Sydney 1 Mar 2004 (5 days): Using & Managing MySQL Training
Training,Support,Licenses,T-shirts @ https://order.mysql.com/?marl