[Linux-aus] LiveCD Call for Participation!

Chris Foote chris at inetd.com.au
Wed Dec 3 09:26:02 UTC 2003

Hello everyone,

We're six weeks away from Linux.conf.au and the Inetd LiveCD project
(http://lca2004.linux.org.au/livecd.cgi) is well under way. If you are:

	* experienced in Unix system administration and hackery, or

	* good at writing webpages describing how to run systems, or

	* familiar with testing networks

then we invite you to join Dan Shearer in constructing the Inetd
Live CD in consultation with the speakers at Linux.conf.au.  Simply
send an email introducing yourself and what area(s) you're able to
help with to:
	livecd at daemonlinux.org

Would *you* base your network on a DNS server written in bash running
under Linux on a Motorola 68000-based system?  Perhaps it would be
better running on the 64-bit AMD system under NetBSD?  At least
good old favourites like Apache, PHP, KDE and Gnome will be running
in the normal way -- except for where they can't since the development
and stable branches clash, and where they all have to be running
at once in separate computers (<whew> just as well we have User
Mode Linux, and one or two other tricks.)

Choices, choices... come January 12th 2004 at Linux.conf.au you'll
find out which way we went :-)

Chris Foote <chris at inetd.com.au>
  _                  _         _    Jabber: chris at jabber.inetd.com.au
 (_)                | |       | |   Director - INETD PTY LTD
  _   _ __     ___  | |_    __| |   Level 2, 132 Franklin St
 | | | '_ \   / _ \ | __|  / _` |   Adelaide SA 5000
 |_| |_| |_|  \___|  \__|  \__,_|   Phone: (08) 8410 4566

Inetd supports:
	Linux.Conf.Au Adelaide Jan 12-17 2004
	Australia's Premier Linux Conference
	http://lca2004.linux.org.au