[Linux-aus] Legal Eagle question

Leon Brooks leon at cyberknights.com.au
Mon Aug 11 14:49:01 UTC 2003

On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 14:19, David Lloyd wrote:
> David Cartwright wrote:
>> could the law firm sue their former client?

> "Would it be worth the law firm suing the company who
> contracted them?"

There's going to be bugger-all left of The SCO Group after IBM have
finished with them. And, I hope, of The Canopy Group - the authority
behind them.

Instead of making grand claims, IBM have left it up to the Court to
decide. If the Court picks a value as small as half a billion dollars,
that's over USD$300,000,000.00 more than The SCO Group has. "Your
honour, I would like to recover my legal expenses from this small but
very deep and still-smoking crater."

Cheers; Leon

http://plug.linux.org.au/       Committee Member, Perth Linux User Group
http://slpwa.asn.au/            Committee Member, Linux Professionals WA