[Linux-aus] Re: big one (not spam) - actual rating

Stewart Smith stewart at linux.org.au
Sun Aug 10 18:14:01 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-08-06 at 15:30, Leon Brooks wrote:
> Level 2, working on level 3 for *all* of IBM's servers and (IIRC level 4
> for some of them). Some specific MS-Windows configurations are already
> at level 3 (presumably with everything disabled, the Administrator
> account removed, and no network cable or removable devices attached).

Don't know if anyone else remembers this, but NT 3.1 got (some) kind of
US govt security rating - provided it was physically secure and not
connected to anything. i.e. really useful as the server it was designed
to be. I've got the details kicking around here somewhere......

thought that was always good for a laugh. That and my Information
Security lecturer using Outlook... :)

--
Stewart Smith (stewart at linux.org.au)
Vice President, Linux Australia