[Linux-aus] Company policy on the use of Open Source Software in product development

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Thu Aug 7 11:28:01 UTC 2003

<quote who="Caroline Gordon">

> Obviously anyone can read the GPL and find out all the details but not
> many people are going to bother to do that. I was thinking of a document
> to more or less summarise the GPL and to lay out the specifics of how we
> will make source available, statements to be made in manuals etc.
> Obviously some details like that will differ in the details but generally
> the same rules apply.

Hi Caroline,

There are a few easier-to-digest documents available on the FSF website, in
particular the GPL FAQ and howto, which directly relate to your questions.
Here are some links which may help:

  http://www.fsf.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html
  http://www.fsf.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html

Thanks,

- Jeff

   "When you're running, you want to run as far as you can, and you can't
                 run further than Australia." - Jacek Koman