[Linux-aus] Greens battle Microsoft

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Fri Aug 1 16:17:01 UTC 2003

<quote who="Brent Wallis (IS)">

> Hmm, would not greater advantage be gained by a high profile Open Source
> driven office? I wonder if the Democrats or Greens would consider a
> complete swap of their systems. Now that really would be something...
>
> Has anyone ever made an approach along these lines?  For the sake of
> community contribution, this sort of project would be a worthwhile "donate
> free consultancy time" excercise wouldn't it?

I think so too - they're definitely willing to walk the walk, and have
demonstrated this a number of times. It would be good PR, and good community
work. Hmm... and I have a whole relaxing weekend away to muse upon this. ;-)

- Jeff

  "NASCAR is not race per se. It's just a contest about who can turn left
                            the best." - Unknown