[Linux-aus] Not-quite-public bone to pick with Con

Leon Brooks leon at cyberknights.com.au
Sat Apr 5 22:16:02 UTC 2003

Con wrote:
http://www.zdnet.com.au/builder/architect/database/story/0,2000034918,20273361,00.htm
> MySQL is also the fastest full-featured SQL engine around, clocking in
> at around 9 times faster than PostgreSQL

Oi! Only in _very_ specific circumstances, and 'tain't full-featured (although
MaxSQL brings it close). IRL, PostgreSQL is often faster than MySQL, most
notably for other than the most basic and simple queries or for heavy write
loads, but even sometimes on the basic mostly-read-only ones too.

> Do you have a question on open source that you need answered? Builder
> Australia invites you to submit your questions, which will then be
> answered by local open-source experts Jeff Waugh and Con Zymaris.

Interesting times. I recognise those names! (-:

Cheers; Leon

http://plug.linux.org.au/       Committee Member, Perth Linux User Group
http://slpwa.asn.au/            Committee Member, Linux Professionals WA
http://linux.org.au/            Committee Member, Linux Australia