[Linux-aus] Discussion Starter

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Tue Apr 1 12:53:01 UTC 2003

<quote who="David Lloyd">

> > But i guess there could be cause for wanting to keep it private for a
> > while (maybe driver for as-yet-unreleased hardware and the specs can't
> > be made too public...)
>
> ..making a committee of thousands is making more work. It's what we
> entrusted the committee to do for us - to help set our policy and enact
> our policy.

It wouldn't be making a committee of thousands, but it would be open for
input/inspection. No one but the LA committee itself would be making the
final decision.

- Jeff

   "They are, as I told Telsa, all very small cheques. Indeed our cheques
   only come in one size, otherwise cheque books would be far too hard to
                          manufacture." - Alan Cox