[Linux-aus] Discussion Starter

Pia Smith president at linux.org.au
Tue Apr 1 06:08:01 UTC 2003

Hi all,

I'd like to get some input with our sponsership proposal. What does
everyone think about the proposal ideas below? They _are_ rough, but
basically we've got some ideas on how we'd like to do this, and
ultimately you guys need to agree for it to be successful, so we thought
we'd jump in early :)

Cheers!
Pia

Linux Australia - Guidelines for distribution of funds

The request must:
- be for the good of some project that relates to Linux or Open Source
- outline the need as specifically as possible
- have some tangible result (such as a finished bit of code, a piece of
hardware, a web site) so the community can feel the funds are
being well used
- be submitted to committee at linux.org.au
-
-

The applicant must:
- be a member or affiliate of Linux Australia
- be a person willing to take responsibility for making the request on
behalf of the project
- agree to the responsibilities he/she must undertake if the application
is accepted
-
-

In the case where the application is accepted, the applicant must:
- be responsible for supplying Linux Australia with any necessary
receipts
- provide Linux Australia with a brief report as to how the project
went, results, etc
- be responsible for updating the project page with how the funds were
used (this is to come)
-
-

Applications may be but are not limited to:
- for overhead costs such as some bit of hardware, or bandwidth for an
open source project
- resources such as web space, hosting,
- support with organising an event or conference
- advertising or media coverage of some event or conference
-
-
-

--