[Linux-aus] Re: isn't it time to use a spam filter for this list?

akumria at linux.org.au akumria at linux.org.au
Fri Dec 6 06:00:01 UTC 2002

On Wed, Nov 27, 2002 at 11:04:00AM +1100, Cameron Simpson wrote:
> On 07:03 26 Nov 2002, Tony Nugent <tony at linuxworks.com.au> wrote:
> | Who is administering this mailing list?
>
> I'd imagine owner-linux-aus at lists.linux.org.au or
> linux-aus-owner at lists.linux.org.au. Maybe you should ask them.
>
> | Why are non-subscribers allowed to post to it?
>
> Dunno - I usually block nonsubscribers on my own lists.
>
> | Why aren't anti-spam (and anti-virus) mechanisms being used?
>
> Mailman doesn't ship with any in stock form.

However they were on previously, for some reason they were turned
off/disabled during November.

I'll look into it, in the mean-time I've turned on subscribers must post
temporarily.

Anand

--
 `` We are shaped by our thoughts, we become what we think.
 When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never