[Linux-aus] Linux10 + Next Year's Installfest...

Matthew Tippett mtippett at ticons.com.au
Sat Sep 1 18:42:49 UTC 2001

How about

  LinuxDay

I was involved in a small project with a Canadian group that where interested
in doing something internationally.

(the simplicity of the name was important to us).

Linux (for mind-share - sorry RMS).
Day (for indicating an event).

Regards,

Matthew
On Fri, Aug 31, 2001 at 09:47:01AM +0800, Bret Busby wrote:
> On Fri, 31 Aug 2001, Anand Kumria wrote:
> > On Wed, Aug 29, 2001 at 01:22:59AM +1000, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> > > <quote who="James Bromberger">
> > >
> > > How about we aim for a national, summer installfest mid-to-late January?
> >
> > Are you thinking prior to the conference?
> >
> > >   [ I think we need to come up with a cooler name than installfest though.
> > >   ;) The Australian reporter I spoke to suggested this too. We ought to go
> >
> > Linux BootCamp
> > Survivor Linux
> > Big Tux
> >
> > Linux Inaug
> > Linux Pride
> >
> > Banish those other OSes -=> BoOSes (mooses) "I went to BoOSes 2K2, did you?"
> >
> > Doorways into Linux -=> DiL
> >
> > >   for something that sounds a little more welcoming to non-Linux users, and
> > >   less installation-oriented... We do so many other things at our
> > >   installfests these days. ]
> >

> Linux Open Day
> Open Source Open Day
> Linux Expo - Expose yourself and your computer to Linux!
> National Penguin Day
> National Tux Day (all linux guru's wear tux's to the gatherings, so lay people
> can distinuish them)
> Day of the Penguin
> Computer Liberation Day - Liberate your computer from restrictive and expensive
> licences - see how Linux works, and, convert!
> Computer Bug Reduction Day - Reduce Computer Bugs; Switch to Linux!
>
> Bret Busby
> (WA)

+---[ Matthew Tippett ]-[ Ph:+61 416 006 047 ]-[ Fax:+61 414 000 694 ]---+
+---[ TICons ]-[ mtippett at ticons.com.au ]-[ http://www.ticons.com.au/ ]--+
+---[ http://commercialos.org/ - Commercial Open Source Devel. Info  ]---+