[Linux-aus] Linux10 + Next Year's Installfest...

Anand Kumria wildfire at progsoc.uts.edu.au
Fri Aug 31 09:21:07 UTC 2001

On Wed, Aug 29, 2001 at 01:22:59AM +1000, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="James Bromberger">
>
> How about we aim for a national, summer installfest mid-to-late January?

Are you thinking prior to the conference?

>   [ I think we need to come up with a cooler name than installfest though.
>   ;) The Australian reporter I spoke to suggested this too. We ought to go

Linux BootCamp
Survivor Linux
Big Tux

Linux Inaug
Linux Pride

Banish those other OSes -=> BoOSes (mooses) "I went to BoOSes 2K2, did you?"

Doorways into Linux -=> DiL

>   for something that sounds a little more welcoming to non-Linux users, and
>   less installation-oriented... We do so many other things at our
>   installfests these days. ]

I'm tending to bootcamp myself as it conveys the fact that this will be a
full on day of learning all related to Linux.

Anand