[Linux-aus] Australia wide installfest this month?

Jeff Waugh jdub at linux.org.au
Thu Aug 30 16:09:55 UTC 2001

<quote who="Kim Oldfield">

> A while back there was talk of having an Australia wide installfest on
> August 25. Which LUGs are having an installfest on this date?

Hey there,

A number of months ago this was discussed, and we decided that August was
pretty stocked up with other Free Software / UNIX events that we'd have to
compete with. The idea of a summertime installfest was raised, which sounds
pretty cool.

Don't hold back holding your Installfest though ;) - but it will take a
while to coordinate the national one. Perhaps we should decide on a weekend
in January no, so everyone can put it in their LUG calendars?

[ The website stuff for the installfest is pretty much ready to go when we
want to start advertising it, etc. ]

- Jeff

--
                    The Unix Way: Everything is a file.
                 The Linux Way: Everything is a filesystem.