[Lias] nw6.5 and squid

Ken Yap ken at etherboot.org
Fri Feb 20 06:58:02 UTC 2004

>sorry about the lack of details but i am a real novice at linux but i am usin
>g:
>redhat 8; squid 2.5 on linux 2.84
>the files that i can find with references to the host server (which i changed
> without success) are: squid_auth_ldap.conf and pam.d/squid
>i assume i have got that wrong and/or missed a file change

If you're using squid_auth_ldap then there are two places the parameters
could be put, either in squid_ldapauth.conf or where the helper is
called, from /etc/squid.conf or perhaps /etc/squid/squid.conf. Check the
latter.

squid_ldap_auth can be run as a program from the CLI for testing. See
the notes in (probably)
/usr/share/doc/packages/squid/README.squid_ldapauth

As I said it may be more than just a hostname change, you may also need
to change the filter spec because the schema has changed.