[Lias] Anybody got pam_smb mount working?

Paul Gear pgear at redlands.qld.edu.au
Thu Oct 16 11:09:02 UTC 2003

John Simovic wrote:
> Can you give me some insight into how you achieve this? Samba? etc? command line options for rsync that you use as?

Mount the filesystem as normal.  I put this in my /etc/fstab:
    //blah/volume  /smb/blah  smb  uid=me,passwd='' 0 0
(For some reason on RH9 this doesn't mount on boot, so i have to do
mount /mountpoint whenever i reboot.  I'm sure it's solvable, i just
haven't had the time to work it out yet.)

Then i rsync with this script:

#!/bin/sh
set -e
set -u
host=blah
cd /backup
mkdir -p $host
rsync -SHax --delete --delete-excluded \
	--exclude-from=exclude/$host /$host/ $host/

Be very careful with the --delete and --delete-excluded - if $host==''
and you drop the set -u, you can trash your root filesystem (i'm
speaking from experience here... ;-).
--
Paul Gear, Manager IT Operations
Redlands College, 38 Anson Road, Wellington Point 4160, 07 3286 0271