[Lias] pam_mkhonedir.so winbind

Simon Bryan sbryan at olmc.nsw.edu.au
Wed Nov 12 05:43:01 UTC 2003

David Lloyd said:

> Ah,
>
>> >session	required	/lib/security/pam_mkhomedir.so /etc/skel
>>
>> Shouldn't that be skel=/etc/skel ?
>
> Now why didn't I see that :(
Makes no difference. I am wondering if it has something to do with the fact that
under winbind I am not actually creating a user and in fact something other than
pam_mkhomedir is creating the home directory.....hmmm let me see.....arghhhhhhhh

I just removed the pam_mkhomedir from the pam.d/login and a user home directory,
when I login using winbind the home directory is still re-created!!!

Is there something I need to do other than simply edit the pam.d/login file to make
the changes effective? Or does this mean there is some other 'dark' force at work
here?