[Lias] Desktop on LTSP server

Samps samps at redjocks.com
Fri Nov 7 09:27:02 UTC 2003

Simon Bryan wrote:

 > Samps said:
 >
 >> Simon Bryan wrote:
 >

 >> look in /etc/x11/gdm/sessions
 >>
 >> there youll find conf files that can be edited to show only the window
 >> managers that you want users to choose from. This will be effective for
 >> future users only.
 >>

 > Hmm, tried editing the Gnome one to say kde and deleting the Gnome
file from that
 > directory, made no difference.
 >
 > I was deleting and re-creating a user each test

Sorry. i wasn't expressing my clearly (damned hard this english).
You delete the files with the names that you don't want to appear in the
login session menu, so you only have the KDE one and the RESET YOUR
DESKTOP one left in the SESSIONS folder.
Then edit the RESET YOUR DESKTOP one to make it invoke KDE whenever a
user decides to reset his/her desktop.

cheers
Samps