[Lias] Winbind HowTO

Jonathon Coombes jon at cybersite.com.au
Wed May 14 11:44:01 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-05-14 at 13:26, Simon Bryan wrote:
> > Check first to see if there is a system-auth-winbind file in the
> > /etc/pam.d directory. If so, then you can use this instead of changing
> > each of the individual pam files. Simply change the service=system-auth
> > part to service=system-auth-winbind in each of the above mentioned pam
> > files and you should be right.
>
> Didn't work for me

Has worked for me on a number of distros. Make sure that
the system-auth-winbind file exists in the pam.d directory.
Also, you will have to change the system-auth to the
system-auth-winbind string for each of the files, but it
should work fine. What wasn't working exactly?

--
Jonathon Coombes <jon at cybersite.com.au>