[Lias] proxy problem

Doug dhingst at myrealbox.com
Fri Feb 7 03:47:01 UTC 2003

hi all
i have been having a very confusing time with the school's linux server
everything was fine last year but we upgraded to rh8 and all the patches - same squid.conf and settings
... now i can connect to the DET and the net (no problems with normal sites)... but when you go to a secure site (netscape.net, comsec, SCIS downloads etc) requiring passwords the browser (explorer) hangs or times out.
i have had a technician here all afternoon with no result and the DET tech support sent me a charming message saying it was my problem and best wishes.

am i missing something or has something changed

thanks
doug (newcastle high)