[Lias] ldap schemas

Paul Shirren shirro at shirro.com
Fri Dec 12 10:33:01 UTC 2003

I have had exim4, samba, cyrus, pam etc all working of openldap
for business servers, but schools are a bit of a new direction
for me.

I guess my previous tinkering was in the direction of Limacute
except I was doing samba as well (I wish I still had the php I
wrote that changed ldap, ntlm and lanman passwords). Limacute
switched from PHP to Perl but it might still get me started again.

Directory Administrator is out because it requires X. I really
need web based so there is no install required and it will work
in mixed Mac/Windows/Linux environments.

I have moved to a country area with lots of small schools. I
want solutions that are easy to use by an untrained school
support officer or teacher. Most existing ldap tools are too
technical.