[Lias] linux time

David Savill dsavill at excido.com
Thu Oct 31 07:35:01 UTC 2002

Hi Peter,

You can use the 'date' comment to set the date and time

To set the time type (As root) date -s 10:35

Might be worth reading the man pages for date.

Alternativly you can get Linux to look its time up on a NTP server... not sure how to do this comment line but you can do it from Gnome or Kde easy enough by going to the 'Adjust date and time propoerties'

Cheers,
David