[Lias] squid problems

Trevor Gunter tgunter at lisp.com.au
Wed Dec 18 20:27:02 UTC 2002

I'm running squid (on a rh7.2 box I think it is). For no apparent reason,
today, squid simply stopped running.

The proxy server was still up and can be pinged ok but no squid. Reboot did
nothing. Previously, if squid is running and I retype "squid start" , I get
the message squid is already running. Typing squid -k shutdown now confirms
no squid process running.

I set the caching directories to be the standard ie /var/spool/squid/

This happened once before about 3 months back, at that time I just redid the
server and reset the squid.conf file.Took about an hour.

Can anybody give me some ideas of what to try. Thanks in anticipation.

Trevor