[Lias] DET server address setup for schools

Les Bell lesbell at lesbell.com.au
Sun Dec 1 04:34:01 UTC 2002

Andrew Dorrell <andrew.dorrell at cisra.canon.com.au> wrote:

I've been meaning to post this page for some time - a must for anyone
wanting to setup servers within their school, lists all the recommended
addresses and ports  (the page is only visible from the schools WAN)
<<

Thanks for that, Andrew! In the work I've done as a parent on our kids'
school Computer Committee, the biggest delay in getting things done has
always been the need to go up to the school in order to access required
information.

With this - and Peter Hughes recent piece on setting up a school mail
server (thanks, Peter!) - I can make much faster progress!

Best,

--- Les Bell, CISSP
[http://www.lesbell.com.au]