[Lias] New List Member

Michael Hall admin at openlearningcommunity.org
Sun Nov 25 22:43:32 UTC 2001

G'day All:

I've joined this list a couple of times before but never seemed to really
get subscribed properly ... one time I think I changed email addresses,
another my postfix mail server wasn't configured properly and after a
couple of bounced messages you probably threw me off the list ... anyway,
better late than never.

I'm an ESL teacher at Larapinta Primary School in Alice Springs
and a member of the Alice Springs LUG. We have an education page at
http://openlearningcommunity.org/ednet/ .

Interests: PHP/MySQL/PostgreSQL programming and web-based networking. I am
building four web
applications for schools at the moment, three of which are being used or
trialled in Alice Springs schools at the moment (groupware, online student
news, and online website project builder ... online reporting coming
soon). Very positive feedback so far and looks like four application hire
agreements (really hosting agreements) coming up for 2002, so far.

News: All 180 schools in the NT have just had RH Linux LAN servers and
Linux-based routers installed, along with Win98 clients running Star
Office and Squirrel Mail (open source PHP email app).

Anyway, I'll lurk about until I've got something further to contribute ...
:-)

Michael Hall