[lca-announce] linux.conf.au 2021 - Save the Date!

linux.conf.au Announcements lca-announce at lists.linux.org.au
Fri Sep 4 12:23:09 AEST 2020

Dear All,

OMGEEE we have dates!

Australasia's grassroots Free and Open Source technologies conference,
linux.conf.au, will be held online, worldwide, from Saturday 23 to
Monday 25 January 2021.

Block out your calendar

We've picked the second-last weekend of January, just prior to the
original dates for linux.conf.au 2021. By shifting it to a weekend, we
hope to make it easily accessible to as many of you as possible. There
is no need to skip work or study, or even leave your house: just drop
in.

Saturday 23 January will be a day of miniconfs, followed by two days of
main conference on Sunday 24 and Monday 25 January.

Theme: "So what's next?"

You don't need us to throw more cliches at you about 'unprecedented
change' and 'uncertain times'. We all know the virus has got us all
shook up.

So what's next? As large numbers of the world's workforce continue to
work from home, how can our community help people and organisations
navigate this change? How can open source principles support our new
world? What new developments in software and coding can we look forward
to in 2021 and beyond?

We'll be opening up a Call for Sessions and Call for Miniconfs in the
coming weeks. If you've got big ideas to share and discuss with hundreds
of like minds, get thinking about your proposal now.

Ticket sales coming soon

Keep an eye out for ticket announcements as there will be something
special on offer for the first in, best dressed.

Given the reduced cost in holding a conference online rather than in a
venue, we expect prices to be lower than previous years. Watch this
space as we firm up the details.

Sponsorship opportunities

We have a wide range of sponsorship opportunities available, including
several new and different packages. In addition to sponsoring the
conference, you can now sponsor miniconfs or contribute towards the
delegate or speaker packs that will be sent out.

If you or your organisation is interested in sponsoring linux.conf.au,
please check out our prospectus at
https://lca2021.linux.org.au/sponsors/prospectus/ or get in touch
through sponsorship at lca2021.linux.org.au.

Stay in the know

Subscribe to our announcement mailing list and follow our social
channels to be the first to know about ticket sales, speaker lineups and
conference highlights.

Mailing list subscribe: